By Shirleen Von Hoffmann
President & Sales Coach of Homebuilders AdvantEdge®
Okay we all know the current economic situation is challenging at best. But rather than letting it drag you down, turn your attitude around and look at the possibility that with every market change there are some people who are making extra ordinary sales so the questions is, is that YOU? With the right skills and attitude, you can be successful, even in a recession!
There are 3 basic approaches that companies will take in a recession:
• Be aggressive, jump in and grab market share while the going is good.
• Stay the course and be positioned to grow when the economy recovers.
• Stop all marketing and sales training and wait until the market turns around.
As Individuals we can also take these three approaches:
• Work smarter and with determination, doing everything we can to find buyers.
• Work hard or a little harder than you have been, with no real plan.
• Be worried, depressed & full of the recession blues with no plan to find a sale.
Here is a six pack of ideas that will not only help you through a recession but make you thrive when others are still complaining about no sales.
1. Work Hard:
There is no substitute for perseverance. When you show up each day, have a plan and list of things you want to get done. Dive in and work hard until you achieve your goals for the day. Then tomorrow, do it all over again. You will not be successful just to show up and hang out until someone walks through the door. You must show up with a plan of attack. If you were driving to a new location you wouldn’t just take off, without a map would you? You would never reach your goal point. Have goals and list the many things you will do to achieve your goals. Remember the saying, if you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.