By Shirleen Von Hoffmann President and Sales Coach for HomeBuilders Edge and the Queen of Sales ™
My response would be, “Great, let’s plan a date good for you in January, and I’d be happy to give you a call then. In the meantime I will keep you informed on any great deals I may get throughout the holidays, because this is the time when we have incredible sales!”
As the Holidays approach many of your clients lose their focus on house buying and dive into the Holiday Rat Race. But don’t let that make you lose your focus. Many may think the Holidays are not a good time for Sales or prospecting but the opposite is true. Many Top Producers will tell you the Holidays are their busiest months. Why?
• Because they “focus in” when everyone else is “focused out”.
• Because they realize that prospects walking in their doors are really serious or they certainly wouldn’t be there.
• Because they realize it’s a great time to prospect when the traffic is lower.
• Because in December it can be a slow month in many industries, some people are on vacation and in most offices tend to slow down. What this means is that prospects may have more time to speak with you and or to meet with you.
• Because things are slower, prospects are frequently less harried and stressed out. Always good news!
• Because it’s a great time to show Realtors that you appreciated their business.
• Because it’s also a great time to map out your New Year and where you want to take your career goals.
Really work those coming in the door everyday knowing they are precious and serious. Continue making your follow up attempts and you will be surprised at the results you achieve. When you stay engaged in your prospects in December you will be able to hit the ground running in January with new Sales, a pipeline of qualified prospects and solid appointments.
Which means you will leave your competition singing the Holiday Blues!
Happy Holidays and Happy Sales!