By Shirleen Von Hoffmann,President & Sales Coach for HomeBuilders AdvantEdge & Creating VIP’s Copyright 2009
There are so many great things about being in Sales; I don’t know where to start. One of the most inspirational things to me about being in “Sales” is that I am in control of my destiny. I am Self Employed.
Don’t get me wrong, many of you out there may work for major corporations but if you are “Sales Employed” you are “Self Employed”, even while working for a company.
If all those “Non-Sales” folks out there in the work place knew what great jobs we have, they would be beating down the door to grab up all the Sales Jobs. Glad they don’t know and we won’t tell them all the reasons why we love Sales so much.
Here’s 30 Reasons Why;
1. I own my own Sales Company.
2. I am in charge of my own office.
3. I am the Office Staff.
4. I am the Receptionist of my Office.
5. I am the Clerical Person of my office.
6. I control the Overtime, how much and when it is needed.
7. I am in charge of my increases in pay, I say how much I will make this year.
8. I am in charge of my day to day routine.
9. I say when I go to lunch or if I have a lunch.
10. I say when it’s quitting time!
11. I am able to perform under pressure and abuse, but no one is harder on me than myself.
12. I control the amount of hours I work and can flex them around my personal life.
13. I am in charge of the Sales Department. I am a Sales Manager.
14. I am in charge of the direction of the Market.
15. I am my Marketing Manager
16. I am the Public Relations Department.
17. I am in charge of my Training Department.
18. I am in charge of my Motivation Department.
19. I am the direct contact to “The Customer” and know all about “Customer Handling”.
20. I am the Customer Experience!
21. I am a People Manager; it’s my business to know everything about our clients.
22. I am my own travel manager and can travel the world if needed.
23. I am a hunter and get to express that talent daily.
24. I am out and about, never being in one place too long.
25. I can spot quality prey amongst a crowd and can direct my energies on that prey, until it’s mine.
26. I get paid to find interesting people to chat and hang out with.
27. I set and achieve all of my goals and the goals of my employer, ME.
28. I am in charge of the “Top Producer Awards”.
29. I love hearing the phrase, “Job well done”, so I say it often to myself.
30. Without me, my skills and my participation, there would be no employer. I love that!
With all that being said, next time you think about complaining about the market, not making enough money, not feeling very motivated, remember, YOU are the only one in charge of your destiny. It’s as simple as changing up your habits and getting busy doing whatever you are complaining about. I still love the phrase, “If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten.”
Get busy and Happy Sales!