I just watched the American Music Awards last night. Everyone in the show was really at the top of their game from the performers to the dancers and band members. It was really quite a show.
Which got me thinking about You. Are you the very best that you could be. From doing the secret shopping we do for builders around the nation I see that most Agents are not. Probably 90% of Agents are still not using any sales skills needed to sell in this tough market. Most are still acting and selling like they were five or six years ago.
Here are some tips you can use to get ready for 2010. I will be sharing more between now and the new year to remind you of “The Gold” you are missing everyday walking in the door.
You can read a lot of great articles on how to create urgency in your clients but how about creating some urgency in you? That’s where it should start. It’s so vital in this market and let me tell you why. Because every body walking through that door is like gold! Your Builder spent a lot of time, money and effort to walk that body through the door just for YOU! Just so you cold use your sales skills and sell them a home of their dreams. As a fellow salesperson, it’s just so hard to get a prospect to walk in the door, I would love it if someone would send them to me for FREE.
So realize your gold and cherish it. Do everything you can to improve yourself and your skills so that you are optimizing that prospect for a sale. Here are ten things you can start with.
1. Never let a prospect walk in the door without a great welcome greeting and taking the time to talk with them and get to know what they are looking for and what their lifestyle is like.
2. Never let a prospect walk the models alone. Use the time to get to know them and their needs.
3. Never let a prospect feel unimportant to you, stop everything you are doing and give them 100% off your attention.
4. Never let a prospect leave your office without a reason for follow up.
5. Never let a prospect leave your office without getting a card so you can follow up.
6. Always write down all of the things you remember about that prospect immediately after they leave so you can follow up smart.
7. Always do small trial closes along the way so you know if your selling is on target or off.
8. Always ask for the sale and a referral if they are not interest in your home.
9. Always follow up with a thanks for visiting note within a few days of the prospect being there.
10. Always follow up with a flyer of your referral program.
From now until the New Year we are going to be focusing on Creating Urgency in YOU. It’s been a rough market this year and I know most of you are feeling a little beat up. But the quickest way to change how you feel is to change your attitude and your habits. I will help you along the way!
Soon you will be hearing, “And the award goes to!”