By Shirleen Von Hoffmann Presidient and Sales Coach of Home Builders Advantedge and Creating VIP’s copyright 2010
As I mentioned in my previous Selling Mistakes #1, you need to take notes in order to market smart.
What I have found is that a high percentage of New Home Sales People find it challenging to get a registration card filled out properly or sometimes not at all. So you can assume that if this is the case there is not a lot of notes being taken about the prospect.
My belief is this; If you’re not taking detailed notes regarding your prospects, then you are wasting your time and the Builder’s marketing dollars.
All Sales can be broken down into five stages;
3. Product presentation
5. Follow up
When you consider these five steps of a sale, you can start to see why taking notes is important. And why if you don’t you are wasting your time. Here’s why;
- Why bothering asking questions if you’re not going to write down the answers? You certainly cannot remember all the detailed of the hundreds of visitors you get in a month period.
- Why bother writing down the answers if you’re not going to use them to close or follow up?
- If you don’t take notes how will you know all of the details that are important to them in their lives and in the home they are looking for?
- How can you zero in on the right product for them if you don’t know these things?
- How can you follow up with them efficiently if you don’t know these things?
Most all Agents make their notes on the back of the registration card. I say,” not good enough.” You must be prepared with something more detailed so you can quickly jot down all the pertinent facts you received during your visit. Then you should be entering all of the data you obtain on your follow up systems so you can follow up smart!
If you want to be a top producer then you must take a look at our follow up package. It not only gives you the flyers to follow up with but if gives you the probe sheet that helps you make quick notes of all the facts about your prospects.
By getting our CD’s Well just make your life a little easier and your Sales Capture rate a lot higher!