By Shirleen Von Hoffmann President and Sales Coach of Home Builders Edge Copyright 2011
I had a dear friend and Sales Agent call to talk about all of the negative articles recently out and how damaging it was to the traffic coming in the door. She started to go on about the market and I stopped her and said, “Yes that may be true for others but not for you.” My comment stopped her in her tracks. We then got on the subject of keeping uplifted and how hard that is for Sales People right now with all of the negative talk around us every day. You are all alone in the field and how easy it is to get sucked into the negative talk.
So let me remind you of this one thing. There is no fairy god Mother at work that waves a magic wand and makes your attitude better and sales appear. There is only YOU! You are your only motivator. You are in charge of the attitude department. And since you are in charge of the money department as well; I suggest you control what you listen to, read and let into your head. You are in control of all of it.
By focusing on bad news, you bring bad news to the table. What ever you give your attention to is what will be in your world. Not to mention the mind game you play with yourself.
Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don’t want. So don’t worry about negative things. Worry about how you are going to find time to write your two sales for the week! But don’t worry, give it thought, get excited about it and make it happen!
Here’s a twelve tips to help…
1. Listen to motivational CD’s on your way to work.
2. If you are around people who are going on about the negative in the market…tune them out.
3. Change your home internet page to reflect only news you want to hear.
4. Do not read newspapers.
5. Do not listen to the news.
6. Spend your time, marketing for new business.
7. Spend your time, follow up with prospects.
8. Spend your time, making goals and plan how you will spend all of the money you are going to earn.
9. Spend your time with positive, influential people who can help you achieve your goals.
10. Come to work with set goals to achieve each day.
11. Come to work with a attitude and knowing of getting two sales for the day.
12. Each day, when you shower, imagine showering off the previous days energy and starting with a fresh attitude!
You can either listen to the naysayers and have that become your world or you can make a conscious decision to be the one who is getting the sales. Because there are sales being made in this market, it’s just a matter if you are the one making them.
Sometimes we can be are our own worst enemy. And since there is no Fairy God Mothers waiting for you at work, I guess it’s up to you to MAKE THE MAGIC!