Shirleen Von Hoffmann Business Development Coach for HBE and Vortex Sales Solutions Copyright 2012
As I went for my walk today, I noticed my grass had grown double this week than last. With our recent rain and then the spring sunshine, it just shot up! Which got me thinking about growth and how everything is meant to grow OR it dies. Once anything in nature stops growing, it dies. As babies, then children, then teens we were growing by leaps and bounds. We must remind ourselves as Adults to continuing growing ourselves in many different ways. Because when we grow, we are revitalizing and rebirthing ourselves. We are born to aspire ourselves upward and be ever changing and growing.
So the first argument I get on this is time…I don’t have time to start something new…blah, blah, blah…
Here are 15 ways to help you to grow…at work…doing what you do, that won’t take any time at all. It’s fun to grow so make it fun!
- Give up 15 minutes of TV for 15 minutes of attitude adjustment, read something inspiring.
- Make it a challenge to find out more about your customer than your own product.
- Make it a goal to get 100% visitor card capture and have lots of client personal facts on them.
- Connect through networking, social media and social networking-go where your customer goes…arrive first and leave last and take lots of business cards.
- What is your value proposition? Do you know? Do you make sure to let others know?
- Engage so people want to buy– Think about questions. Ask engaging questions. Definition of engaging question? A question that makes them stop and think, consider new information and respond to you. Have a dozen or so.
- Objections-What stands behind you and the sale? Build your objections into your presentation.
- Buying motive is key to a sale. What is your prospects motive for buying? Do you know?
- Manipulation is out relationships are in…you can’t manipulate your way to a relationship…you must create value. How are you creating value to your prospects?
- Stay in Touch-Communicate a value message, consistently or you will lose them.
- Follow Through & great customer service – 365 24/7
- Raise the Bar – Be Great- Set the Standard
- No one wants to be closed, people want to be helped…Today people do their research before they walk in the door. You have to help them find what they need and give it to them.
- What are your buyers specific goals, plans and objectives? Did you find that out during the visit and write it down?
- When the prospects leaves, ask yourself; ”Did I maximize my time with this prospect? What could I have done better?”
These are just a few small steps to making you grow towards being the best you can be!
Happy Sales and Happy Spring!